The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
Ursa Major’s team moves fast and does a lot with little. The Engine Program Manager is the leader who provides us direction and ensures our programmatic success. We are looking for the unique individual who thrives when creating order out of chaos, can excel as a technical subject matter expert, and can bring together complex technical inputs into one cohesive program.
- Manages internal engine program execution, from initial program plan definition through ultimate mission success.
- Owns the engine program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). Responsible for pulling inputs from across the company and re-baselining as changes occur.
- Dotted line manager for program technical objective leads, driving program progress throughout the engine lifecycle.
- Leads internal status updates and milestone reviews. Responsible for presenting both programmatic and technical material.
- Collaborates with team members to write, review, and deliver technical deliverables. Includes systems engineering requirements, change requests, risk definitions and mitigation plans, nonconformance reports, and data reviews.
- Completes a 1 to 3 month onboarding technical training program and can step in to support the technical organization as needed in assembly, test operations, vehicle integration, process and procedure definition, and quality verification.
- Participates in business strategy discussions. Responsible for understanding and communicating impacts across programs during decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated leadership in aerospace or other highly technical program
- Prior experience as a project engineer or team lead in a production or manufacturing role, managing schedules and delegating tasks
- Passion for creatively developing a program plan despite resource constraints and flexibility to adapt as inputs rapidly change
- Technical expertise in manufacturing, design, test, analysis, or integration
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, startup environment
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Strong understanding of aerospace industry standards and requirements
- Demonstrated success in complex program definition and management
- Liquid propellant rocket engine subject matter expert
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $105,000 - $165,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
No outside recruiters please.
URSA'S COVID POLICY:
As a U.S. government contractor, Ursa Major is subject to President Biden’s September 9, 2021 Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors requiring federal contractors to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19. However, recently a federal judge in Georgia issued a nationwide preliminary injunction that prohibits the government from enforcing the federal contractor vaccine mandate. The order covers all contractors and subcontractors in the United States and its territories, and will be in place until further notice. Additionally, while Ursa Major is still subject to OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard given our 100+ employees, its implementation and enforcement is currently suspended pending future developments in the litigation.
Given these updates, we are suspending the Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy until further notice. With this is mind, Ursa Major fully intends to comply immediately with changes to any COVID-19 mandates.