The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
The Manufacturing Technical Writer will work alongside Manufacturing Engineers and Technicians to document the fine details of manufacturing processes and equipment operation. This person can quickly capture information with notes, photographs, videos, or CAD models then transform it into clear Work Instructions. This role requires a high level of collaboration, organizational skills, technical ability, and attention to detail.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Manufacturing teams to observe and understand the important steps and key points of a manufacturing processes.
- Transform these important steps and key points into detailed Work Instructions that clearly define the one best way to complete a task.
- Create style and formatting standards for Work Instructions; Ensure that all existing and new Work Instructions meet this standard.
- Update Work Instructions as changes and improvements are made to products and processes, following strict revision control procedures.
- Create training guides, job aids, and visual management documents to assist and improve manufacturing operations.
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology, Computer Aided Drafting, Technical Writing, Communications, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in technical writing or documentation roles; Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Superior writing, editing, communication and organizational skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite, specifically PowerPoint.
- Experience working with ERP systems, Odoo preferred.
- Experience working with CAD systems, Creo preferred.
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $60,000 - $85,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
No outside recruiters please.
URSA'S COVID POLICY:
As a U.S. government contractor, Ursa Major is subject to President Biden’s September 9, 2021 Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors requiring federal contractors to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19. However, recently a federal judge in Georgia issued a nationwide preliminary injunction that prohibits the government from enforcing the federal contractor vaccine mandate. The order covers all contractors and subcontractors in the United States and its territories, and will be in place until further notice. Additionally, while Ursa Major is still subject to OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard given our 100+ employees, its implementation and enforcement is currently suspended pending future developments in the litigation.
Given these updates, we are suspending the Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy until further notice. With this is mind, Ursa Major fully intends to comply immediately with changes to any COVID-19 mandates.