The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
The Propulsion Configuration Engineer is a key role that ensures the accuracy and detail of hardware configurations for all hardware programs across both engineering and manufacturing. This role will interface closely with all engineering functional groups, the manufacturing team, and program management to ensure that our products are properly configured, documented, and can cleanly integrate with all customer applications. This role will also support ongoing design efforts related to manufacturability, general hardware optimization, and focused hardware ownership to support other teams as necessary.
- Ownership and configuration management of engine CAD models in both development and production environments.
- Definition of clear communication process between design, manufacturing, and test operations to ensure consistent configuration management of the engine through all hardware stages.
- Incorporation of Design for Manufacturing (DFM) feedback from the manufacturing team on hardware throughout the engine.
- Ownership of and direct feedback to functional groups regarding hardware interfaces, engine design best practices and standards, hardware placement, engine envelope, etc.
- Work with manufacturing team to ensure engine model is sufficient to ensure accurate and up-to-date engine build Work Instructions.
- Ownership of Ursa customer-related engine model information, such as the Mechanical Interface Drawing (MID), engine model shrink-wraps, mass & MOI definition, etc.
- Works directly with customer teams as needed to ensure packaging to customer vehicles is a success. Ensure that integration tooling, if necessary, will function properly upon install.
- Consistent delivery of eBOM to the manufacturing team in intervals that best support development or production efforts based on engineering change. Clear communication of engineering change with forewarning to manufacturing team.
- 3+ years' experience within hardware-focused organizations.
- 3+ years’ experience working with CAD software, preferably Siemens NX or PTC Creo.
- Experience with managing and maintaining large CAD assemblies or structures in a fast-paced manufacturing-heavy environment.
- Experience operating in ISO 9001 or AS9100 certified organizations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling personal projects and daily firefighting with CAD issues.
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $80,000 - $120,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
No outside recruiters please.
URSA'S COVID POLICY:
As a U.S. government contractor, Ursa Major is subject to President Biden’s September 9, 2021 Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors requiring federal contractors to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19. However, recently a federal judge in Georgia issued a nationwide preliminary injunction that prohibits the government from enforcing the federal contractor vaccine mandate. The order covers all contractors and subcontractors in the United States and its territories, and will be in place until further notice. Additionally, while Ursa Major is still subject to OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard given our 100+ employees, its implementation and enforcement is currently suspended pending future developments in the litigation.
Given these updates, we are suspending the Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy until further notice. With this is mind, Ursa Major fully intends to comply immediately with changes to any COVID-19 mandates.