The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that CAD practices are held to a high standard and to maintain our CAD and PLM software environment for our 30+ CAD users across several engine programs. This role will ensure engineers have proper training in CAD as well as assist with advanced modeling functions and techniques & best practices within CAD software. Additionally, this role will advance and streamline the capabilities of our PLM platform while working with our internal software team to integrate functions with our data systems. The right person for this role will have a passion for organization, process control, collaboration, and above all excellent communication skills.
- Establish and communicate CAD best practices in PTC Creo and Siemens NX.
- Standardization of the CAD/PLM environment across all workstation installations.
- Manage Windchill parts library, common practices, workspaces.
- Management and development of workflows, user interfaces, and advanced capabilities within Windchill and working with the quality group to establish CAD data practices per AS9100.
- License management and optimization for all PLM / CAD products.
- Troubleshooting CAD / PLM issues with employees as well as working with external parties for backend issues.
- Develop and deploy training documentation or programs for PLM / CAD products.
- Development of CAD best practices library, troubleshooting advanced modeling operations with the design team.
- Maintenance of standard drawing templates & files.
- Work with internal software team to develop communication frameworks between our PLM and our ERP and other data systems.
Experience / Requirements
- 5+ years' experience within hardware-focused organizations.
- 5+ years’ experience working with PTC Creo and/or Siemens NX, and PTC Windchill.
- Experience operating in ISO 9001 or AS9100 certified organizations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling personal projects and daily firefighting with CAD issues.
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $80,000 - $125,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
No outside recruiters please.
URSA'S COVID POLICY:
As a U.S. government contractor, Ursa Major is subject to President Biden’s September 9, 2021 Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors requiring federal contractors to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19. However, recently a federal judge in Georgia issued a nationwide preliminary injunction that prohibits the government from enforcing the federal contractor vaccine mandate. The order covers all contractors and subcontractors in the United States and its territories, and will be in place until further notice. Additionally, while Ursa Major is still subject to OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard given our 100+ employees, its implementation and enforcement is currently suspended pending future developments in the litigation.
Given these updates, we are suspending the Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy until further notice. With this is mind, Ursa Major fully intends to comply immediately with changes to any COVID-19 mandates.