The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
Ursa Major offers unparalleled capabilities and partnership for our customers. The Mission Program Manager is the leader who represents our company in the industry and ensures customer success. We are looking for the unique individual who can excel as a technical subject matter expert and as a trusted partner and leader with our customers.
- Manages customer contract execution, from initial contractual statement of work definition through ultimate mission success.
- Acts as the day-to-day point of contact for both the customer’s program manager and propulsion integration lead.
- Leads customer status updates and milestone reviews. Responsible for presenting both programmatic and technical material.
- Collaborates with team members to write, review, and deliver technical contractual deliverables. Includes systems engineering requirements, Interface Control Documentation (ICD), and engine operating manuals.
- Completes a 3 month onboarding technical training program and can step in to support the technical organization as needed in assembly, test operations, vehicle integration, process and procedure definition, and quality verification.
- Provides direct on-site customer support during engine integration, vehicle test campaigns, and flight.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated leadership in a customer-facing role
- Prior experience as project or team lead, managing schedules and delegating tasks
- Passion for developing customer relationships and ensuring mission success
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Master’s degree in engineering
- Experience in liquid propellant rocket engine manufacturing, design, test, analysis, or integration
- Strong understanding of aerospace industry standards and requirements
- Demonstrated success in contract negotiation and execution
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid parental and Adoptive Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA)
- Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D
- Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport and Pet Insurance
- EAP Program
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $100,000 - $180,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.