The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
Ursa’s Supply Chain team moves fast and adapts extremely quickly to change. The Supplier Development Engineer is critical in developing our long-term sourcing strategy through analysis of current, potential, and future suppliers/strategic partners. We already have a great group of partners that we work with, but we’re looking for you to come in and give your opinion on what great looks like for Ursa in the future.
Your primary focus would be to ensure that our current supply base meets the production and development needs of the company. We can’t have too few suppliers to achieve our bold missions, yet too many suppliers can lead to waste through overprocessing and wasted time. A high sense of ownership managing relationships between suppliers, supply chain, engineering, manufacturing, and other departments of Ursa is one of the many great responsibilities this role will carry.
- Work with the engineering and product teams to understand current, and future supplier needs and establish a supply base to meet these needs
- Develop, implement, and maintain a supplier onboarding plan, including setting requirements and standards for qualifying suppliers based on supplier type
- Visit and host suppliers and potential suppliers to develop and strengthen relationships, assess capabilities, and remedy any quality concerns
- Maintain & continuously improve an AS9100 compliant supplier approval process
- Evaluate supplier performance through supplier scorecards
- Issue and review supplier corrective action requests and introduce performance improvement plans to suppliers as necessary
- Regularly report across the company on supplier stability and manage risks accordingly to achieve Ursa’s product goals (to all levels of the organization)
- Assist in development of Ursa’s long-term sourcing strategy through detailed analyses of supplier capability, capacity, and hunger for growth
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related science field
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time
- Experience in aerospace supplier management and/or engineering
- Has dealt with AS9100 requirements (understands them thoroughly)
- Understanding of engineering models and drawings (basic GD&T knowledge)
- Experience in Additive Manufacturing and/or 3D Printing
- Understanding of Supplier Onboarding requirements/processes
- Strong project management skills to drive key timelines with stakeholders internally and externally
- Lean manufacturing acumen (e.g. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt)
- Root cause analysis and/or corrective & preventative action training/experience
- Strong relationship development/building skills
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA); Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D, and EAP Program; Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport, and Pet Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $90,000 - $130,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.