The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
The Supplier Development Engineer’s primary focus will be on adding new suppliers to Ursa’s supply base to meet demand and quality requirements, cover sole source risk and allow cost competition. This will involve supplier selection, qualification, maintenance, and development.
- Work with the engineering and product teams to understand current, and future supplier needs and establish a supply base to meet these needs
- Develop, implement, and maintain a supplier onboarding plan, including setting requirements and standards for qualifying suppliers based on supplier type
- Visit and host suppliers and potential suppliers to develop and strengthen relationships, assess capabilities and remedy any quality concerns
- Develop an AS9100 compliant supplier approval process
- Evaluate supplier performance through supplier scorecards
- Issue and review supplier corrective action requests and introduce performance improvement plans to suppliers as necessary
- Regularly report across the company on supplier stability and manage risks accordingly to achieve Ursa’s product goals (to all levels of the organization)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related science field
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time
- 3-5 years experience in aerospace supplier management and/or engineering
- Thoroughly understands and dealt with AS9100 requirements
- Understanding of engineering models and drawings (basic GD&T knowledge)
- Experience in Additive Manufacturing and/or 3D Printing
- Understanding of Supplier Onboarding requirements/processes
- Strong project management skills to drive key timelines with stakeholders internally and externally
- Lean manufacturing acumen (e.g., Lean Six Sigma Green Belt)
- Root cause analysis and/or corrective & preventative action training/experience
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan-Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $80,000 - $125,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
No outside recruiters please.
URSA'S COVID POLICY:
As a U.S. government contractor, Ursa Major is subject to President Biden’s September 9, 2021 Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors requiring federal contractors to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19. However, recently a federal judge in Georgia issued a nationwide preliminary injunction that prohibits the government from enforcing the federal contractor vaccine mandate. The order covers all contractors and subcontractors in the United States and its territories, and will be in place until further notice. Additionally, while Ursa Major is still subject to OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard given our 100+ employees, its implementation and enforcement is currently suspended pending future developments in the litigation.
Given these updates, we are suspending the Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy until further notice. With this is mind, Ursa Major fully intends to comply immediately with changes to any COVID-19 mandates.