The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
The purpose of this Drafter/Designer position will be to support the creation and maintenance of product and process models and drawings, including the change management and release process. Responsibilities may also include updates and changes to process or standards documentation. Products include complex rocket piece parts and assemblies, tubes, harnesses and systems-level assemblies. This position will support Design and Manufacturing Engineering in keeping 2D and 3D CAD current, performing changes to models, drawings and process drawings. This position will also support production tool design ranging from small, simple hand tools to automated system assemblies and large, complex transport fixtures. This includes concept generation, modeling and aiding in procurement.
Job Focus Areas and Expectations
- Perform 3D and 2D CAD modeling in PTC Creo and Siemens NX
- Maintain and update product models and drawings
- Work both independently and collaboratively on tool and fixture design, from concept generation through procurement
- Manage Windchill parts library, common practices, workspaces and ECNs
- Manage PLM workflows through ERP
- Collaborate with CAD Administrator and Quality to ensure CAD data practices meet AS9100
- Provide feedback on best practices for manufacturability and design standards
- Experience within hardware-focused organizations
- Experience working with Creo, Solidworks and/or NX
- Working knowledge of GD&T and manufacturability
- Demonstrated tool design ability
- Experience working within ERP and/or Change Management Systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects across multiple departments
- Ability to prioritize work and understand urgency
- Experience operating in ISO 9001 or AS9100 certified organizations
- Experience with 3D printing and associated software
- Desire to mentor others on CAD and design practices
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $75,000- $120,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.