The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
As an Information Services Coordinator, you will lead the charge to bridge the gap between our employee needs and technology solutions. Your mission will be to work with our project manager to identify, plan, and execute solutions that improve our systems' overall quality of life. This role will also act as a central point of communication, providing our end users a rundown of activities in our weekly address and working with our external vendors to develop relationships where necessary. Lastly, you will work with our Information Services staff to develop and implement a change management system to meet our compliance needs. Information Services exists to provide outstanding customer service and support so our team can focus on doing what they do best, building the best engines in aerospace. If you are hungry to be a part of a dynamic, growing team and feel you have what it takes to continue the tradition of our world-class experience, then we want to meet you. This role will report to our Information Services Project Manager.
- Work with leaders to identify system quality of life issues in various business-critical applications.
- Develop a change management process for patching/modifying business-critical systems using our ITSM platform, Fresh Service.
- Work with IS Staff and internal business organizations to develop and implement system enhancements as necessary.
- Work with our Project Manager to set timelines and deliverables as necessary.
- Publish a weekly rundown of our activities via our internal SharePoint, giving detailed reports on service requests, security efforts, and various project statuses.
- Broadcast changes and upcoming feature announcements via MS Teams, Email, and at our weekly company all-hands meeting.
- Act as the primary liaison between Information Services and the various business units to ensure effective prioritization of projects and tasks.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or Business, or equivalent industry experience.
- 2+ years experience in systems administration/project management preferred.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Familiar with M365 products and solutions such as SharePoint and Teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Demonstrated success as a project or team lead.
- Familiarity working in a Microsoft Azure Government cloud-based environment preferred.
- Experience communicating effectively in writing and orally.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple explanations.
- Ability to work with various teams from multiple disciplines on time-sensitive issues with the ability to prioritize items as necessary.
- Familiarity with engineering terms and processes.
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take on problems without hesitation.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with workflow and policy administration.
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $65,000 - $90,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
No outside recruiters please.
URSA'S COVID POLICY:
As a U.S. government contractor, Ursa Major is subject to President Biden’s September 9, 2021 Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors requiring federal contractors to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19. However, recently a federal judge in Georgia issued a nationwide preliminary injunction that prohibits the government from enforcing the federal contractor vaccine mandate. The order covers all contractors and subcontractors in the United States and its territories, and will be in place until further notice. Additionally, while Ursa Major is still subject to OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard given our 100+ employees, its implementation and enforcement is currently suspended pending future developments in the litigation.
Given these updates, we are suspending the Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy until further notice. With this is mind, Ursa Major fully intends to comply immediately with changes to any COVID-19 mandates.