The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
Ursa Major is currently seeking talented individuals for our Summer 2023 Manufacturing Internship. As an intern on a small, fast-moving team, you will be challenged with supporting the dynamic environment of propulsion design, development, manufacturing, and production. You will receive hands-on experience while helping solve difficult engineering problems.
This position will be full-time.
Areas of Focus:
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Production Control
- Supply Chain
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS 9/9/22. Final decisions will be made at the beginning of October.
- Background in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- Must be an academic Junior and above (completed 90 or more semester hours)
- Experience with hardware assembly, engineering drawings, mechatronics & data acquisition
- Experience with CAD software, general drafting & GD&T preferred
- Knowledgeable about machining, either manual or CNC machining, and general inspection processes
- Adept at creating build instructions, following industry practices and processes
- Willing to work with vendors and suppliers on supplier issues
- Preferred experience – hands-on hobbies, extracurricular engineering team involvement
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation of this role, which is $27/hour. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.