The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major Technologies was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team who will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are comprised of intrinsically motivated individuals who have a passion for solving problems and empower each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
Ursa Major’s team moves fast and does a lot with little. This Business Development role will be responsible for Ursa Major’s business development efforts within Prime Contractors. We are looking for a hunter who is also an innovative problem solver and team player who can cultivate strategic relationships within Prime Contractor organizations, specifically related to current programs and trends surrounding liquid rocket engines.
- Develop, expand, and strengthen existing and new relationships with key Prime Contractors
- Rapidly cultivate a solid understanding of Ursa Major products and technologies.
- Own, negotiate and execute strategic sales opportunities for product offerings both directly to the Prime Contractors and through subcontractor relationships.
- Develop short- and long-term strategy surrounding Prime Contractor acquisition and integration of Ursa Major products.
- Develop account plans and growth opportunities with specific customers, to include setting and achieving revenue targets.
- Track growth opportunities and advise the larger Ursa Major team on significant opportunities for engine sales or developments.
- Coordinate product briefings, lead customer meetings, orchestrate site visits, and manage key stakeholder activities.
- Attend relevant industry conferences, trade shows, forums, and industry days to grow strategic relationships with customers, investors, and other key players.
- Draft white papers and proposals that clearly articulate Ursa Major’s products to a range of audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical or business field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain secret clearance. Position may require the ability to satisfy enhanced personnel security requirements.
- Advanced degree in related technical or business field.
- A strong professional network within a range of key Prime Contractor and/or government circles tied to space launch and hypersonic activities.
- Demonstrated business leadership in an aerospace program.
- Relevant industry experience and strategic technical insight to generate opportunities in target markets.
- Proven track record of successful business capture.
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, startup environment.
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid parental and Adoptive Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA)
- Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D
- Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport and Pet Insurance
- EAP Program
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $100,000 - $180,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.