The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
The Software Engineering team at Ursa Major has an opportunity for an Agile Product Owner. We are a small, cross-functional team of Software Engineers, Test/QA, and DevOps focused on developing software solutions to the unique challenges in designing, manufacturing, and testing rocket engines. As a Product Owner on the Software Engineering team, you will provide direction by acting as a subject matter expert and bringing together complex technical customer inputs into one cohesive plan.
- Own the Software Engineering team’s feature roadmap and backlog
- Communicate with internal customers to understand their needs and translate them into product requirements
- Act as the main point of contact between stakeholders and developers
- Write user stories
- Participate in or lead planning sessions and assist the development team in meeting sprint objectives
- Complete a 1 - 3 month onboarding technical training program
- Prioritize the development team roadmap and backlog to deliver maximum ROI to the company
- Keep customers and stakeholders informed of the status of development work
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/CS
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Demonstrated leadership in a customer-facing role
- Prior experience as project or team lead, managing schedules and delegating tasks
- Passion for creatively developing a product roadmap despite resource constraints and flexibility to adapt as inputs rapidly change
- Experience working with a software development team
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in liquid propellant rocket engine manufacturing, design, test, analysis, or integration
- Strong understanding of aerospace industry standards and requirements
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid parental and Adoptive Leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA)
- Employer Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D
- Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport, and Pet Insurance
- EAP Program
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $100,000 - $170,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.