The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
As an Information Services Cloud Architect, you will lead the charge to create and deploy solutions that will push the bounds of what is possible in the aerospace industry. Your mission will be to work with our various internal teams to build and support back-end infrastructure to enable CI/CD, allowing us to bring value to our internal applications. You will own our cloud infrastructure end to end, providing guidance on solutions and industry best practices. Lastly, you will be working with some of the most cutting-edge technologies while being a part of a tight-knit team that is building the tools that will help define our competitive advantage. This role will report to the Director of Information Services.
- Design and develop Cloud infrastructure with connections to on-premises technologies, taking advantage of Cloud vendor tooling where applicable
- Works closely with our Enterprise Software Engineering team and their DevOps resource to design, implement, deploy & support fully automated CI/CD pipelines to enable rapid & frequent deployments
- Develop comprehensive platform modernization and migration strategies for existing IaaS/PaaS/Container Services environments
- Work with internal teams, provide written designs and architectures for new services, redesign and update existing systems and services using current industry concepts and cloud solutions as appropriate
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure the applications and solutions designed and deployed are secure and compliant with NIST 800-171 & CMMC 2.0 standards
- Must be self-motivated and expected to work independently with minimal supervision
- Report status on projects and assignments
- We are growing into Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD and are still picking our toolchains. You will be expected to be comfortable recommending new tools and implementing any needed infrastructure and initial implementations
- Train technical sales and services teams in troubleshooting steps as necessary
- B.S. in Information Technology, C.S. or equivalent industry experience. Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience with architecture, design, configuration, and deployment within the Microsoft Azure platform or equivalent cloud provider. (GCC High or DoD preferred)
- 5+ years experience in driving towards an Infrastructure as Code environment
- 3+ years experience automating NIST compliance requirements, full automation of deployments & automation of creation/maintenance of PaaS systems, all in Azure
- Familiarity in creating and presenting architectural concepts and designs to engineering groups
- Knowledge of security best practices in infrastructure, application, IAM, or data platform solutions
- Working knowledge with DevOps tool chains and processes, including automation
- Demonstrated success as project or team lead, ability to manage tasks effectively
- Expert working knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS) and Windows Server
- Experience working with GitHub or similar code repository
- Familiarity with scripting PowerShell, Python, bash, etc.
- Experience designing, preparing, implementing, and maintaining cloud infrastructure for custom applications
- Must have a customer-oriented, ‘can-do’ solutioning mindset
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience communicating effectively in writing and orally
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple explanations & solutions.
- Ability to work with various teams from multiple disciplines on time-sensitive issues with the ability to prioritize items as necessary
- Familiarity with engineering terms and processes
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take on challenges without hesitation
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid parental and Adoptive Leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA)
- Employer Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D
- Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport, and Pet Insurance
- EAP Program
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $100,000 - $175,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.