The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Partner / Technical Recruiter to join our Talent team. As a TA Partner, you will focus on sourcing, screening, and interviewing qualified candidates. The scope of this role ranges from cold calling and networking via all means to conducting interviews to gauge a candidate's technical acumen, intangible skills, and cultural fit. As the candidate's first encounter with Ursa, you will need to represent the company with professionalism, pride, and enthusiasm. You will show initiative with sourcing methods, be incredibly detail-oriented, communicative with hiring managers and leadership on your sourcing efforts, and act as the face of Ursa's brand. You will need to be flexible with shifting priorities, have a thirst for continued learning of the business goals and technical aspects of each team, as well as have an ability to be independent to run with a wide range of tasks. No day is the same at Ursa! Some days you might be focusing on sourcing for your positions and other days might be filled with interviews and candidate interactions. Staying organized and nimble is crucial for successfully juggling an ever-shifting workload.
While we would love to have you onsite at our Berthoud, Colorado location, we would be open to remote work if the fit is right.
- Lead kickoff meetings with Hiring Managers (HMs) to develop requisitions, understand project needs and discuss headcount whilst acting as a partner by providing insight and guidance into the entire interview process.
- Create and execute long-term strategies to source candidates and build talent pipelines for both current and future needs.
- Actively source and engage candidates (the best candidates may not even be looking!) using innovative techniques.
- Leverage referrals, leads, emerging technology, external recruiting partners and networking events to build our brand and talent pipeline.
- Screen candidates whilst also articulating Ursa's mission, culture, trajectory, and company benefits as appropriate.
- Discuss candidates with HMs and recommend top candidates for the next steps.
- Coordinate interviews and guide candidates through the process providing them with an exceptional experience from start to finish.
- Maintain and ensure accurate records in our ATS.
- Willingness to assist teammates in all endeavors to establish Ursa as an industry leader.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to provide only the highest caliber candidate experience.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both HMs and candidates.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity in all its forms as well as contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of recruiting experience for highly technical roles.
- Previous time recruiting aerospace or defense roles.
- Strong competitive market awareness.
- Experience with sourcing tools (such as LinkedIn Recruiter, etc.) and ways to innovate so that Ursa stands out with our sourcing methods.
- Experience with Greenhouse strongly preferred.
- An understanding of unconscious bias and how to implement and improve Ursa's inclusion efforts.
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $75,000 - $150,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.