The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
The Staff Engine Program Manager is the leader who provides us with direction and ensures our programmatic success. We are looking for an individual who thrives when creating order out of chaos, can excel as a technical subject matter expert, and can drive tough decisions for our engine programs. You’ll navigate technical challenges that will have a direct impact on the success of both Ursa and our customers.
This role is full-time, onsite at our headquarters in Berthoud, Colorado.
- Manages internal engine program execution, from initial program plan definition through ultimate mission success.
- Owns the engine program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). Responsible for pulling inputs from across the company and re-baselining as changes occur.
- Dotted line manager for program technical objective leads, driving program progress throughout the engine lifecycle.
- Leads internal status updates and milestone reviews. Responsible for presenting both programmatic and technical material.
- Collaborates with team members to write, review, and deliver technical deliverables. Includes systems engineering requirements, change requests, risk definitions and mitigation plans, nonconformance reports, and data reviews.
- Completes a 1-to-3-month onboarding technical training program and can step in to support the technical organization as needed in assembly, test operations, vehicle integration, process and procedure definition, and quality verification.
- Participates in business strategy discussions. Responsible for understanding and communicating impacts across programs during decision-making.
- Brief the executive team on program execution, risks, and key performance metrics (KPIs).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience as a technical program manager.
- Demonstrated leadership in aerospace or another highly technical program.
- Prior experience as a project engineer, program manager, or team lead in a production or manufacturing role managing schedules and delegating tasks.
- Passion for creatively developing a program plan despite resource constraints and the flexibility to adapt as inputs rapidly change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to pull data into a coherent presentation, paper, or briefing for customers and stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding and experience with Microsoft Suite or practical experience implementing Earned Value Management (EVM) tools on projects.
- Technical expertise in manufacturing, design, test, analysis, or integration.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or MBA.
- Strong understanding of aerospace industry standards and requirements.
- Demonstrated success in complex program definition and management.
- Liquid propellant rocket engine subject matter expert.
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid parental and Adoptive Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA)
- Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D
- Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport and Pet Insurance
- EAP Program
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $130,000 - $195,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.