1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
2. By participating in the sweepstakes which links to these Official Rules (“Sweepstakes”), you agree to these Official Rules. These Official Rules are a contract between you and the Sweepstakes Sponsor (defined below), so read carefully before participating. These Official Rules include indemnities from you to the Sponsors (defined below) and Instagram, and a limitation of your rights and remedies. You must comply with and follow the directions provided in these Official Rules to be eligible to receive a prize in the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins on October 11th, 2022 at 12 p.m. Eastern Time, and ends on October 16th, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the sweepstakes. During the Entry Period, you must:
(1) Log onto your Instagram account and follow the links and instructions to become a follower of Sponsor’s page on Instagram, located at @ursamajortech (“Sponsor’s Instagram Page”);
(2) Like the Instagram post on the Sponsor’s Instagram Page which references the Sweepstakes (“Official Sweepstakes Post”); and
(3) Comment on the Official Sweepstakes Post on the Sponsor’s Instagram Page and tag a friend in the comment. Only the entrant who does the tagging will be entered to win. Tagged friends will not be entered to win.
4. RULES FOR ENTRY: You must be a follower of the @ursamajortech Instagram account, comment on the official Sweepstakes post, and tag a friend in the comment to be eligible to enter this Sweepstakes (tagged friends will not be entered to win). You may only enter the Sweepstakes once within the Entry Period. Any other method of entry will be void. Entrants found using or creating multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win. Multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted. Posting duplicate comments of your own entry will cause disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Suspended Instagram accounts will be ineligible to win. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar entry method or entering more than the number of times permitted will void all entries and result in disqualification. No entry may contain any offensive or vulgar content. Any entry containing inappropriate content, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, will be considered ineligible and will not be part of the Sweepstakes. Only eligible entries received before the end of the giveaway period will be eligible to win the prize.
All entry information shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Submissions must comply with the guidelines and restrictions defined herein. By providing a Submission, you grant Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, share, distribute, post, repost, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for advertising, promotional and/or marketing purposes (except where prohibited by law). You further understand and agree that that Sponsor has the right to post your Submission in accordance with these Official Rules in any media even if you have not been declared a winner in this Promotion and, if Sponsor posts your Submission in any media, it does not mean that you have been selected as a winner in this Promotion.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 years of age and older as of October 11th, 2022, except for employees of Ursa Major Technologies, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), Perch Partners, LLC (“Administrator”), and their affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies (collectively “Promotion Parties”), and members of their immediate family or persons living in the same household. Void where prohibited.
6. DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted on or about October 17th, 2022 at 12 p.m. Eastern Time by Administrator to select the winners from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Potential winners will be notified by Instagram direct message on October 17th, 2022 and must sign and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within three (3) days of the date notice is sent or such other date set by Sponsor. Failure to respond within the applicable time period will result in forfeiture of prize and Sponsor shall have the option to award the prize to an alternate winner. The return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of prize are the responsibility of winner. Limit one (1) prize per person, family or household per Sweepstakes. By entering this sweepstakes, entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, which shall be final in all matters. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant gives his/her/their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by Instagram direct message, telephone and email for Sweepstakes purposes. Acceptance of a prize also constitutes permission to the Promotion Parties to use winner’s name, likeness, and biographical information for marketing purposes without further compensation or right of approval, unless prohibited by law. All federal and state laws apply.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this sweepstakes, entrants waive all right to, and hold the Promotion Parties and Instagram harmless from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys' fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this sweepstakes or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Promotion Parties and Instagram will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect entries; an entrant's failure to receive prize notices due to entrant's spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for entrants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this sweepstakes; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this sweepstakes; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes, or announcement of the prizes.
Sponsors and Instagram are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users (e.g., hacking) or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Sponsors and Instagram are not responsible for injury or damage to the entrant’s or to any other person’s computer and/or wireless device related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of Instagram or Sponsor’s Website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website; attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices; intend to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant or any representative of Sponsor; or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Sponsor shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Sweepstakes and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. Sponsors (a) make no warranty, guaranty, or representation of any kind concerning any prize (or any portion thereof) and (b) disclaim any implied warranty. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
If, in the Administrator’s opinion, there is such an error, or there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the sweepstakes, or if technical difficulties (including viruses and bugs) compromise the integrity of the sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to request that the Administrator, in its sole discretion, cancel or modify this sweepstakes in a manner deemed appropriate by the Administrator. In the event of termination, winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received as of date of termination. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning entrant, entries will be declared made by the name on the online entry form.
8. PRIZES: The total prize value for a single prize, including shipping costs, is forty-nine dollars and ninety-eight cents ($49.98). The total prize value for a single prize, not including shipping costs, is thirty-nine ($39) dollars. A single prize consists of one Ursa Major T-shirt valued at twenty-five ($25) dollars, and one Ursa Major mug valued at fourteen ($14) dollars. The T-shirt is a black, short sleeve shirt with the text “Ursa Major” in white lettering on the left, upper-area of the front of the shirt. The text “Enable Bolder Missions” is located on the back of the shirt in orange and white lettering. An orange Ursa Major bear logo is located on the right sleeve of the T-shirt. The T-shirt is made of 100% cotton and is a pre-shrunk, soft, breathable shirt. The T-shirt shirt size will be chosen by the winner of the Sweepstakes. The Ursa Major mug is a ceramic mug with a height of 3.85 inches (9.8 cm), a diameter of 3.35 inches (8.5 cm). The outside of the mug is white with black text which says “Ursa Major”. The rim, inside, and handle of the mug is black. The mug is dishwasher and microwave safe.
Five (5) different prizes will be awarded to five (5) different Entrants. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. Limit one prize per family or household. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only five (5) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
9. CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM: Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Colorado, without giving effect to any of its conflict of laws provisions thereof. Entrant further agrees that any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be brought exclusively in the applicable federal or state courts located in Colorado.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the names of all prize winners, available after October 24th, 2022, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Perch Partners, LLC, 215 Haskell Mill Ct., Carson City NV 89705.
Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement
Ursa Major Technologies, Inc. (“Ursa Major,” “we,” or “us”) take claims of copyright infringement seriously. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from this site (the "Website") infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the Website by submitting written notification to our copyright agent designated below. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) ("DMCA"), the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office Website [https://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf], the written notice (the "DMCA Notice") must include substantially the following:
Your full legal name and physical or electronic signature.
Identification of the copyrighted work claim has been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Website, a representative list of such works.
Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material (including, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Website where such material may be found).
Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address).
The following statements:
“I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
“I hereby state that the information in this DMCA Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
Our designated copyright agent to receive DMCA Notices is:
Ursa Major Technologies, Inc.
19750 County Road 7
Berthoud, Colorado 80513.
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Website is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
It is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.