Ursa Major was founded to address a critical shortfall in the U.S. industrial base and bring a new model to aerospace and defense systems: we design and manufacture the world’s leading propulsion systems for space, hypersonic applications, and missile systems.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team – a team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
The Manufacturing Engineer - Fluid & Mechanical Systems will join the Propulsion R&D group working on manufacturing next-generation products and systems in aerospace and defense. The ideal candidate will be passionate about new product introduction, process improvement, and sustainment of propulsion component production. Hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment is a requirement, including technical experience in fabrication, assembly, test, integration, or related process experience.
- Support manufacturing development efforts of fluid & mechanical systems, including gimbals, actuators, valves, and related fluid systems
- Collaborate with the design team on design for manufacturability, assembly, and test
- Develop processes, tooling, and equipment required for product development and production
- Author work instructions, process specifications, and technical documentation in support of the products you oversee
- Champion early development hardware to enable aggressive product development schedules, including a hands-on role in first builds and oversight from piece part manufacturing through component test
- Support critical product needs including ERP product setup & maintenance, yield/quality issues, production scaling, and manufacturing or test-related failure investigations
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 2+ years in a manufacturing environment including fabrication, assembly, test, integration, or related hardware experience
Preferred Qualifications and Relevant Experience:
- Hands-on experience building things (engines, equipment, etc.) – through college teams, professional experience, or personal hobby
- Experience with CNC machining – 5 axis, turning, milling
- Functional test experience including water flow, gas flow, gas leak check, cryogenic test, or structural testing
- Experience in taking products from development to production
- Experience with tool and fixture design, CAD (NX, Creo), Windchill
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA); Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D and EAP Program; Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport and Pet Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $90,000 - $125,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
Classification: Full-time Exempt
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP, PERMANENT RESIDENCY, REFUGEE OR ASYLUM STATUS IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.