The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
As an Information Services Support Specialist you will be responsible for supporting the Information Services team in various capacities. We are looking for someone who is motivated to help others and take initiative to improve our IT infrastructure as needed. Ideally you will have a can-do attitude and be able to work in an environment that is constantly evolving. Whether it is in the form of traditional desktop support or a major software deployment, our mission in Information Services is to provide outstanding customer service and support so our teams can focus on doing what they do best, building the best engines in aerospace. This role will report to the Director of Information Services.
- Provide world class desktop support to all Ursa employees
- Triage and manage helpdesk tickets via our IS Support portal (ISS)
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems, escalating them as necessary to tier II support
- Manage and deploy software via Microsoft Endpoint Manager and Company Portal App
- Setup and deploy new hire / replacement equipment
- Manage and track IT assets using Freshservice
- Create and manage user accounts using Microsoft Office 365
- Manage user permissions in Microsoft Azure and SharePoint Online
- Work on IS projects to help improve internal infrastructure as requested
- Maintain support documentation and publish knowledgebase articles
- Work with IS management to develop strategies to improve helpdesk efficiency and customer satisfaction
- B.S. degree in IT related field or equivalent certifications from an accredited certification agency
- 3+ years’ experience in helpdesk / desktop support
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, startup environment
- Demonstrated success as project or team lead
- Familiarity working in a Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure Government cloud-based environment preferred
- Experience communicating effectively in writing and orally
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple explanations
- Ability to work with various teams from multiple disciplines on time sensitive issues with the ability to prioritize items as necessary
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take on problems without hesitation
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $60,000 - $90,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
No outside recruiters please.
URSA'S COVID POLICY:
As a U.S. government contractor, Ursa Major is subject to President Biden’s September 9, 2021 Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors requiring federal contractors to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19. However, recently a federal judge in Georgia issued a nationwide preliminary injunction that prohibits the government from enforcing the federal contractor vaccine mandate. The order covers all contractors and subcontractors in the United States and its territories, and will be in place until further notice. Additionally, while Ursa Major is still subject to OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard given our 100+ employees, its implementation and enforcement is currently suspended pending future developments in the litigation.
Given these updates, we are suspending the Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy until further notice. With this is mind, Ursa Major fully intends to comply immediately with changes to any COVID-19 mandates.