The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
As an Information Services Cloud Engineer, you will be leading the charge to create and deploy solutions that will push the bounds of what is possible in the aerospace industry. Your mission will be to work with our software team to build and support back-end infrastructure using our Microsoft Azure GCC High environment. You will work with our operations team to ensure proper maintenance and backup procedures are being followed, as well as coordinate with our project manager to ensure we are realistically setting expectations and deliverables. You will be working with some of the most cutting-edge technologies while being a part of a tight-knit team that is building the tools that power our company. This role will report to the Director of Information Services.
- Serve as a hands-on technical engineer for System-level projects, with a focus on the development and implementation of strategic technological directives supporting our software and operations teams.
- Design and develop infrastructure using standard software development lifecycles and techniques.
- Monitoring compliance with security configuration and risk management.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the support processes for an application or reduce manual intervention required via more automation.
- Work with our DevOps engineer to implement back-end solutions as necessary to support various other teams' needs and project requirements.
- Ensure proper backups are being maintained with Azure services, such as our Kubernetes environment.
- Work with leaders to make recommendations for enhancements and improve efficiencies where appropriate.
- B.S. in Information Technology or equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years’ experience in cloud administration with Azure certification (AZ-900 or greater) preferred
- Demonstrated success as a project or team lead
- Familiarity working in a Microsoft Azure Government cloud-based environment preferred
- Experience working with GitHub or another code repository
- Familiarity with scripting PowerShell, Python, bash, etc.
- Understanding of how HTTP requests are handled end-to-end including HTTP headers, cookies, etc.
- Experienced in the design and delivery of enterprise-level Highly Available solutions
- Experience designing, preparing, implementing, and maintaining cloud infrastructure for custom applications
- Familiarity with industry trends and best practices associated with cloud infrastructure
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience communicating effectively in writing and orally
- Ability to manage tasks effectively
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple explanations
- Ability to work with various teams from multiple disciplines on time-sensitive issues with the ability to prioritize items as necessary
- Familiarity with engineering terms and processes
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take on problems without hesitation
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $75,000 - $125,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
No outside recruiters please.
URSA'S COVID POLICY:
As a U.S. government contractor, Ursa Major is subject to President Biden’s September 9, 2021 Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors requiring federal contractors to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19. However, recently a federal judge in Georgia issued a nationwide preliminary injunction that prohibits the government from enforcing the federal contractor vaccine mandate. The order covers all contractors and subcontractors in the United States and its territories, and will be in place until further notice. Additionally, while Ursa Major is still subject to OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard given our 100+ employees, its implementation and enforcement is currently suspended pending future developments in the litigation.
Given these updates, we are suspending the Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy until further notice. With this is mind, Ursa Major fully intends to comply immediately with changes to any COVID-19 mandates.