The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will help define success at Ursa Major Technologies! You will leverage your experience to help verify our propulsion systems are designed and perform as necessary to meet our customers’ needs.
- Support leads of all major programs in defining, validating and maintaining requirements – it’ll be your responsibility to make sure we have the right set of requirements and that we’re on track to meet them with confidence.
- Track requirement verification status through product development and qualification.
- Create and manage system engineering tools and processes.
- Review test and analysis plans and reports to assist with confirmation that requirements are met.
- Communicate with management on requirement compliance at program reviews.
- Support reliability, failure modes and risk assessments for major programs.
- Support or own aspects of flight certification with governing agencies (e.g. FAA, USSF, etc).
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to Systems Engineering associates to advance their proficiency.
- 5+ years of experience in aerospace system design, project management or related system-level roles.
- B.S. in Aerospace, Systems or Mechanical Engineering (or other related technical subject area).
- Experience applying aerospace systems engineering processes – design reviews, requirements validation and verification, failure and risk assessments.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity in all its forms as well as contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Ability to earn trust and maintain positive and professional relationships.
- Experience with multiple systems engineering organizations and multiple product lifecycles – seen what works vs. what could be improved.
- Fluid system analysis, component selection and supplier management experience.
- Liquid propellant rocket engine or propulsion system design, development or test.
- Familiarity with industry standard requirements documents such as MIL-STD-1522, RTCA/DO-178, MIL-STD-810.
- Familiarity with requirements management tools such as DOORS or JAMA.
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $105,000 - $160,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.