The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
The purpose of a Manufacturing Controls Engineer is to establish and maintain SCADA and controls systems, integrating manufacturing equipment and systems across the business. This Operations Technology position will be highly collaborative with the Information Services, Test Engineering and Software development. The role will include hardware choice and implementation, such as PLCs, I/O, sensors, and panel design. Retrofits and upgrades of existing systems and machines, as well as databasing and results recording in scope. HMI/user interface software development will also be key, choosing and implementing software that enables plant connectivity and real-time decision making with a focus on operator experience. The Manufacturing Controls Engineer will be building ground-up systems and must have the ability to “Do More With Less” while also pushing the boundaries and setting standards for industrial controls at Ursa.
Job Focus Areas and Expectations
- Program / configuration automation and SCADA applications
- Build complex HMIs, focusing on operator experience and metrics dashboards
- Design, spec and deploy hardware, including panel design and build
- Program / deploy / troubleshoot connecting tooling
- Establish connectivity with various types of equipment, including Labview test systems, measurement devices, Ursa engine control modules, torque tooling, mills and lathes, various sensors and equipment
- 3+ years' experience in Controls
- 3+ years’ experience working with industrial automation hardware and software
- Working knowledge of SCADA/monitoring systems
- Experience with databasing and industrial networking
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced environment, collaborating in with other functions and departments
- Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or similar
- Experience operating in ISO 9001 or AS9100 certified organizations
- Experience in hardware-focused organization
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $80,000 - $125,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
No outside recruiters please.
URSA'S COVID POLICY:
As a U.S. government contractor, Ursa Major is subject to President Biden’s September 9, 2021 Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors requiring federal contractors to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19. However, recently a federal judge in Georgia issued a nationwide preliminary injunction that prohibits the government from enforcing the federal contractor vaccine mandate. The order covers all contractors and subcontractors in the United States and its territories, and will be in place until further notice. Additionally, while Ursa Major is still subject to OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard given our 100+ employees, its implementation and enforcement is currently suspended pending future developments in the litigation.
Given these updates, we are suspending the Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy until further notice. With this is mind, Ursa Major fully intends to comply immediately with changes to any COVID-19 mandates.