The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
The role will act as a Scheduler and Expeditor on the manufacturing team, aiming to improve material and information flow throughout the manufacturing process. This role will ensure that piece parts, kits, and assemblies move between physical and digital workstations smoothly and timely.
The right person for this role will be passionate about communicating with, supporting, and serving others. They will be able to keep many tasks, part numbers, and serial numbers in their mind. They must also enjoy troubleshooting, finding creative solutions for disruptions, and working with teams to continuously improve processes.
- Responsible for tracking & pushing Engine components through the factory to ensure On-time delivery of all Ursa Major Hardware.
- Ultimate responsibility for monitoring and communicating the location and status of all hardware, kits, and builds on the manufacturing floor.
- Maintain hardware WIP levels are healthy across all work cells to ensure technicians, inspectors, and engineers are never waiting for parts.
- Assign “Ready for re-work/repair” hardware to cell leads for work scheduling.
- Work closely with the kitting team to understand and resolve kit shortages.
- Promote workflow consistency and accurate part staging across the company while working to drive down internal logistics lead-time.
- Understanding and communicating expected shortage resolution dates/times.
- Ensuring technician leads and manufacturing engineers are aware of and tracking to schedule.
- Shepherding parts to and from various shelves, work centers, buildings, and individuals quickly.
- Organizing and streamlining hardware flow across the manufacturing floor.
- Work with the planning, procurement, engineering, and production teams to ensure our MRP/ERP data is and remains clean and accurate.
- Checking to ensure that all operations on work orders are validated by the responsible person.
- Communicating with engineers to ensure timely data reviews.
- Coordinating with engineers to ensure part numbers, revisions, and quantities are accurate.
- Work closely with technicians to continuously improve material and information flow.
- Assisting manufacturing, Quality, and supply chain teams on projects and improvements.
- Ensure that parts traveling through the factory are properly handled and protected.
- Track parts assigned when at outsource to ensure visibility into on-time return date is kept.
- Collaborate with the planning, engineering, and production teams to ensure our MRP data is and remains clean and accurate.
- Exceptional at and energized by serving and supporting others.
- Infectiously positive attitude, especially during the busy or hectic periods.
- Demonstrated experience self-prioritizing and executing in a dynamic and busy environment.
- Accepting of priority changes which can happen continuously throughout the day.
- Capable of spending most days moving throughout our manufacturing facilities.
- Able to lift and transport parts and tools weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems, Odoo preferred.
- Proficiency in creating and managing tools in Excel and/or other software programs.
- Educated in supply chain fundamentals and/or ASCM supply chain certified.
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing practices and terminology.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office products.
- Experience in aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic manufacturing environments
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $50,000 - $75,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
No outside recruiters please.
URSA'S COVID POLICY:
As a U.S. government contractor, Ursa Major is subject to President Biden’s September 9, 2021 Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors requiring federal contractors to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19. However, recently a federal judge in Georgia issued a nationwide preliminary injunction that prohibits the government from enforcing the federal contractor vaccine mandate. The order covers all contractors and subcontractors in the United States and its territories, and will be in place until further notice. Additionally, while Ursa Major is still subject to OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard given our 100+ employees, its implementation and enforcement is currently suspended pending future developments in the litigation.
Given these updates, we are suspending the Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy until further notice. With this is mind, Ursa Major fully intends to comply immediately with changes to any COVID-19 mandates.