The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
The Software Engineering team at Ursa Major has an opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer. In this role, you will directly impact our ability to scale our rocket engine design, test, and manufacturing capabilities. You’ll do this both by improving and supporting production ERP software critical to the manufacturing team and by developing new tools and processes internal to the software team. The ideal candidate will enjoy automating and optimizing workflows and have a history of crafting well-tested, well-documented, reliably deployed software. You will be a great fit for our team if you have a growth mindset, are tenacious in attacking both problems and opportunities, and are a clear and open communicator.
- Work on a small, cross-functional team of Software Engineers, Test/QA, and DevOps
- Support a production ERP system with new feature development and improvements to scale manufacturing
- Build tools to improve CI/CD automation
- Use metrics and logs to analyze production system deployments and work with the team to implement improvements
- Assist in task planning and estimation
- Write excellent documentation
- Mentor junior team members
- Engineering/CS degree and 3+ years experience as a Software Developer / Engineer, or 5+ years experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with development, test, and deployment of medium to large software systems
- High proficiency with Python
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting
- Demonstrated ability to turn customer requirements into functioning software with minimal guidance
- Excellent problem solving, project management, and communication skills
- Engineering/CS degree and 5+ years experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with business processes and software (particularly with the Odoo ERP system)
- Experience developing software products for internal or external customers
- Experience with software containers and runtimes like Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of latest industry trends and best practices
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid parental and Adoptive Leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA)
- Employer Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D
- Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport, and Pet Insurance
- EAP Program
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $100,000 - $180,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.