The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
This role will primarily support the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that is critical to Ursa’s ability to scale our manufacturing capacity. You will interact daily with most departments (mainly manufacturing, engineering, accounting, and materials management) within Ursa and have a direct impact on our ability to manufacture rocket engines.
As a member of our ERP Team, you will be expected to own and accomplish more than most think possible with less than many claim necessary. Our business model depends on best-in-class technologies, which means we require a best-in-class team. With multiple products spanning every phase of the life cycle, employees at Ursa Major are expected to be self-starters with a passion for problem-solving. We seek to reward good ideas and the ability to execute regardless of prior experience; and most of all hold high standards of teamwork, creativity, and collaboration.
The Software Tester will be responsible for verifying the usability, quality, and accuracy of our internally developed enterprise software applications. The Software Tester will utilize industry best practices and modern testing frameworks to develop a robust test standard. You will write and enforce software quality and testing standards to be used in our test environments.
A Software Tester at Ursa Major is expected to own and inform decisions related to the quality of our ERP system. You will help Ursa grow our software quality over time. You will work within a small team to ensure that our software enables Ursa to deliver quality rocket engines on time. Collaboration with other team members and internal customers is crucial to identify, plan, and test new product features that match our business processes and needs. The Software Tester will need to be driven, detail-oriented, and focused to support efforts to continually improve our engines and the processes we use to make the best engines. You will have to respond quickly to development challenges while guaranteeing the high performance and maintainability of our products.
- Write test cases based on developed software solutions
- Verification and validation that user interfaces meet quality standards and design intent with functional testing
- Ensure that the design intent captured accurately represents the users’ desired outcome
- Execute test scenarios to ensure existing and newly developed solutions are ensuring the best workflows and data consistencies within our ERP System.
- Work with software team members and end-users to ensure all software meets Ursa standards
- Ensure that the software implementation represents our business practices and processes
- Author test plans and user-facing documentation
- Create and maintain training material for the ERP system functionalities
- Maintain training plans and execute needed ERP training of all Ursa employees
- Manage access rights for the ERP production and test environments
- 3+ years of experience in ERP Software Testing
- Thorough attention to detail to ensure high-quality development
- Experience with business processes and software (inventory, accounting, manufacturing, etc.)
- Strong technical writing ability
- Ability to balance priorities to meet schedule requirements for several projects at once
- Excellent problem solving, project management, and communication skills
- Experience operating and testing within ODOO (our ERP system)
- Experience with front-end driven automated test frameworks
- Experience operating software in a CI/CD pipeline
- Understanding of latest industry trends and best practices
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA); Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D, and EAP Program; Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport, and Pet Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $80,000 - $140,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The salary range for this role is intentionally wide as we are evaluating individuals based on their unique experience and abilities to fit our needs. Most importantly, we are excited to meet you, and see if you are a great fit for our team. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.