The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
We design, manufacture, and test our engines to achieve unmatched quality and reliability. Effective Change Management is critical for ensuring our current and next-generation products meet and exceed these standards. The New Product Introduction (NPI) Project Engineer understands how to use Change Management as a strategic advantage and is responsible for implementing, managing, and improving our Change Management process. You will lead the cross-functional collaboration to make better changes faster, ensuring each change is implemented with world-class execution. Your ability to create order out of chaos will assure that our Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, and Production Control teams are rapidly implementing changes in time to delight our customers.
- Be the Manufacturing Subject Matter Expert for the Odoo PLM Module.
- Be the Manufacturing owner in the Engineering Change Order (ECO) Process from start to finish, ensuring Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, and Production Control teams are acting aggressively on pending changes and aware of new changes, including lead times, qualification times, etc.
- Be the Project Manager for complex Engineering Changes to ensure new products are procured and qualified in time to meet the production schedule and old products are dispositioned correctly.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Program Management, and Business Development to continuously improve the ECO Process.
- Create, maintain, and share ECO dashboards and reports to status in-process and finished ECOs.
- Create training materials and lead training sessions to teach the organization how to make better changes faster.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in Design, Sustaining, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience leading Engineering and/or Manufacturing Change Management.
- Ability to prioritize and execute; Leads multiple projects to completion simultaneously.
- Proficient in creating and maintaining Microsoft Project schedules for effective Project Management
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Experience working with ERP systems, Odoo preferred.
- Superior documentation and organizational skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA); Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D, and EAP Program; Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport, and Pet Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $90,000 - $150,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The salary range for this role is intentionally wide as we are evaluating individuals based on their unique experience and abilities to fit our needs. Most importantly, we are excited to meet you, and see if you are a great fit for our team. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.