The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
Ursa Major is currently seeking talented individuals for our Summer 2023 Software Engineering Internship. As an intern on a small, fast-moving team, you will be challenged with supporting the dynamic environment of propulsion design, development, manufacturing, test, and production. You will receive hands-on experience while helping solve difficult engineering problems. We thrive on giving ownership and authority, so you can expect to make decisions and make a difference!
This internship is for our Software Engineering team. Our mission is to help Ursa Major make better engines faster, and we do that by working with teams across the company to design, build, and operate the best software and data tools in the industry.
This position will be full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday - Friday.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS 10/21/22. Final decisions will be made at the beginning of November.
- Background in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or another engineering discipline with strong software coursework
- Must be an academic Junior or above by May 2023
- Excellent with fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, networking concepts
- Hands-on project experience: the ability to use git and to deploy software on hardware other than your development machine
- Demonstrated teamwork and ability to communicate effectively in a group setting
- Drive to continuously improve technical and team skills
- Experience with Linux and (Docker) containers is preferred
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation of this role, which is $27/hour. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.