The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
Our propulsion systems cannot function without sensors, actuators, controllers, and other electronic hardware functioning seamlessly together. A Senior Avionics Systems Engineer will work with our Design and Development teams to design avionics systems that meet all necessary requirements and operate flawlessly for Ursa’s customers in all their applications.
- Architect, design, select, analyze, and prototype avionics system components ranging from sensors and actuators to harnessing and component housings
- Specify avionics system requirements of new systems through collaborative efforts across Ursa’s teams to ensure the success of all Ursa’s programs
- Collaborate with team members to write, review, and update specifications for avionics components
- Identify and troubleshoot issues with avionics systems; propose and implement solutions
- Minimum B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics (or similar) with 5+ years of experience with vehicle electrical systems.
- Experience with electrical test equipment.
- Experience interfacing with flight software and data acquisition systems.
- Experience with scripting and data processing languages.
- Ability to be self-directed and balance several tasks at one time.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral formats.
- Experience designing and troubleshooting digital and analog electronic circuits.
- Experience with designing and controlling electromechanical actuators.
- Experience with high- and low-speed instrumentation (pressure, temperature, acceleration, etc.).
- Experience with wire harnessing design and fabrication.
- Experience with mechanical design and CAD software.
- Working knowledge of fluid systems and components.
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA); Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D and EAP Program; Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport and Pet Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $140,000 - $200,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.