Ursa Major was founded to address a critical shortfall in the U.S. industrial base and bring a new model to aerospace and defense systems: we design and manufacture the world’s leading propulsion systems for space, hypersonic applications, and missile systems.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team – a team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
Ursa Major moves fast, and the Director of Information Services will be integral in ensuring our success. This role will require creating order out of chaos to define IT strategy and direction, as well as managing a team of highly-motivated and skilled individuals to meet customer requirements, support existing applications, and implement new solutions. This person must have the ability to interpret high-level business objectives, deal with rapidly changing requirements and short deadlines, as well as conceptualize technical solutions and communicate them effectively to non-technical audiences.
The Director of Information Services will be responsible for the overall planning, organization, implementation, and monitoring of all corporate IT operations across the company to support business-critical functions including security, manufacturing, engineering, government compliance, and commercial activities.
This role will include collaborating with the Cybersecurity team to stay up to date with and incorporate new technologies to meet the company’s Cybersecurity goals, guided by U.S. government regulations.
- Develop an overall IT strategic plan to maintain a robust and unified information technology infrastructure and deliver a maximum return on investment in technology resources.
- Collaborate with our cyber security team and compliance to develop controls, infrastructure, and processes to achieve CMMC 2.0 compliance with an aim at CMMC 3.0, when appropriate.
- Must value innovation and teamwork, as well as embrace and drive our culture of collaborative problem-solving and open-mindedness. The ideal candidate should be a proactive contributor to a dynamic and inclusive workplace, inspiring others with their technical expertise and interpersonal skills.
- Hire, train, develop, and appraise staff effectively, leading a team committed to excellent customer service and stability. Must prioritize the career growth and wellbeing of their team.
- Able to meet people where they are to provide world-class customer service with empathy and an acute understanding of the impact of their decisions on the business.
- Must have senior-level manager experience and be able to lead, grow, and manage a team effectively in a rapidly moving environment.
- Develop and monitor metrics related to Information Services customer service levels, capacity, and cost-effectiveness to senior leadership.
- Serve as a true leader developing trust and building relationships within the team and across the company. Encouraged to serve as a mentor for those outside of their team.
- Oversees network and infrastructure staff with a goal of maximizing stability and minimizing downtime and associated costs to the business.
- Consistent commitment to ethical practices and integrity under pressure.
- Able to present executive level strategic initiatives to the company, senior leadership, and the board.
- Manage budget and control expenses effectively, including managing vendor relationships and contracts.
- Proactively forecast necessary technology equipment purchases and upgrades necessary to support growth and expansion for all locations.
- Define, implement, and monitor the lifecycle of IT policies and procedures throughout the company to align with federal government regulations.
- Develop and oversee implementation of plans for redundancy, disaster recovery, security, and staff training.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business strategy and actively recommends and supports improvements in the current technology footprint or new technologies to enable those objectives.
- Act to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of organization-wide data, proprietary information, and related intellectual property through information security and risk assessment including Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI).
- Serve as an internal Enterprise Architect to design and implement corporate infrastructure.
- Support the Software team in developing applications to meet business needs.
- BA/BS in computer science, computer information systems, or technical management required.
- Minimum 12 years of relevant technical experience required in a federal contracting field.
- Minimum of 5 years of senior management level experience.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong continuous improvement experience and use of metrics.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude, ability to work as a member of a team, and have outstanding leadership skills.
- Position requires self-motivation, consistent innovation and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to express humility and vulnerability in all situations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This position requires that the employee be eligible and maintain eligibility for a Secret Clearance.
- Experience in relationship with NIST and CMMC
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) preferred.
- ITIL or other IT Service Management certification preferred.
- Additional certification and/or demonstrated knowledge in the following areas desired: Cyber Security, NetApp, Microsoft Office, SQL Database Administration, Virtualization & Storage, as well as Backups & Disaster Prevention/Recovery, continuity planning.
- DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range, which is $130,000 - $190,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
Classification: Full-time Exempt.
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid parental and Adoptive Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA)
- Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D
- Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport and Pet Insurance
- EAP Program
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP, PERMANENT RESIDENCY, REFUGEE OR ASYLUM STATUS IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.