Ursa Major was founded to address a critical shortfall in the U.S. industrial base and bring a new model to aerospace and defense systems: we design and manufacture the world’s leading propulsion systems for space, hypersonic applications, and missile systems.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team – a team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
As Ursa Major expands into the realm of solid propulsion, we’re assembling the most innovative and nimble team in order to disrupt the status quo. We’re applying the latest technologies to an outdated business model that improves cost, lead-time, and flexibility without impacting reliability.
Ursa Major is seeking a Senior Energetics Process Engineer to join our Solid Rocket Motor (SRM) Operations Team. The candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in some of Ursa Major’s innovative and groundbreaking solutions to complex technical problems facing the SRM industry. This position requires performing research, design, analysis, evaluation, and testing in support of SRM products and technologies.
- Support the rapid scaling of production capabilities through the procurement and deployment of new equipment and methods to create safe, efficient, and flexible energetics production facilities
- Hands-on deployment, troubleshooting, and activation of process equipment
- Effectively document equipment designs, activation plans, and operational procedures
- Own and develop both short-term tactical projects and long-term strategies for facility scaling
- Creation of physical data collection systems as well as database tracking systems
- Support quick-turnaround investigations to find solutions that meet engineering requirements and mission objectives
- Organize, prepare, and present major project efforts to internal and external customers, including government and commercial entities
- Ability and willingness to travel roughly 20% is required
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as chemistry, physics, mechanical, or electrical engineering
- 5+ years of direct experience in energetics production
- Experience in propellant storage, grinding, mixing, casting, and curing
- 5+ years of experience in equipment design and material process development
- Willingness to develop novel solutions/equipment to support R&D and production build out while leaning on existing COTS equipment
- Extensive experience owning a process from cradle to grave
- Comfortable collecting requirements, sourcing, implementing and activating process equipment, and optimizing for efficient operation
- Able to operate as an individual contributor as well as in small team collaborative environments
- Lean forward/can do attitude
- Willingness to train others as needed
- Strong communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- This position requires that the employee be eligible and maintain eligibility for a Secret Clearance.
- 3+ years of 3D CAD and analysis experience
- Experience with Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and electrical documentation
- Portfolio of projects showing extreme ownership as an individual contributor
- Experience with OSHA PSM system creation and deployment
- DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $100,000 - $165,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
Classification: Full-time Exempt
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid parental and Adoptive Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA)
- Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D
- Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport and Pet Insurance
- EAP Program
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP, PERMANENT RESIDENCY, REFUGEE OR ASYLUM STATUS IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.