1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
2. By participating in the Contest which links to these Official Rules (“Contest”), you agree to these Official Rules. These Official Rules are a contract between you and the Contest Sponsor (defined below), so read carefully before participating. These Official Rules include indemnities from you to the Sponsors (defined below) and Twitter, and a limitation of your rights and remedies. You must comply with and follow the directions provided in these Official Rules to be eligible to receive a prize in the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest begins on Tuesday, March 21, 2023 at 12 p.m. Eastern Time and ends on Friday, March 24, 2023 at 12 p.m. Eastern Time (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. During the Entry Period, you must:
Log onto your Twitter account become a follower of Ursa Major on Twitter, located at @ursamajortech (“Sponsor’s Twitter”);
Like the Twitter post on the Sponsor’s Twitter which references the Contest (“Official Contest Post”); and
Correctly answer the question in the Official Contest Post.
4. RULES FOR ENTRY: You must be a follower of the @ursamajortech Twitter account, like the Official Contest Post, and answer the question correct on the Official Contest Post to enter this Contest. You may only enter the Contest once within the Entry Period. Any other method of entry will be void. Entrants found using or creating multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win. Multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted. Posting duplicate answers of your own entry will cause disqualification from the Contest. Suspended Twitter accounts will be ineligible to win. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar entry method or entering more than the number of times permitted will void all entries and result in disqualification. No entry may contain any offensive or vulgar content. Any entry containing inappropriate content, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, will be considered ineligible and will not be part of the Contest. Only eligible entries received before the end of the giveaway period will be eligible to win the prize.
All entry information shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Submissions must comply with the guidelines and restrictions defined herein. By providing a Submission, you grant Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, share, distribute, post, repost, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for advertising, promotional and/or marketing purposes (except where prohibited by law). You further understand and agree that that Sponsor has the right to post your Submission in accordance with these Official Rules in any media even if you have not been declared a winner in this Contest and, if Sponsor posts your Submission in any media, it does not mean that you have been selected as a winner in this Promotion.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 years of age and older as of Tuesday, March 21, 2023, except for employees of Ursa Major Technologies, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), Perch Partners, LLC (“Administrator”), and their affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies (collectively “Promotion Parties”), and members of their immediate family or persons living in the same household. Void where prohibited.
6. DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted on or about Friday, March 24, 2023 at 1 p.m. Eastern Time by Administrator to select the winners from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Potential winners will be notified by Twitter direct message on Friday, March 24, 2023 and must sign and return any required affidavit of eligibility and Release within three (3) days of the date notice is sent or such other date set by Sponsor. Failure to respond within the applicable time period will result in forfeiture of prize and Sponsor shall have the option to award the prize to an alternate winner. The return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of prize are the responsibility of winner. Limit one (1) prize per person, family or household per Contest. By entering this Contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, which shall be final in all matters. By entering the Contest, each entrant gives his/her/their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by Twitter direct message, telephone and email for Contest purposes. Acceptance of a prize also constitutes permission to the Promotion Parties to use winner’s name, likeness, and biographical information for marketing purposes without further compensation or right of approval, unless prohibited by law. All federal and state laws apply.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this Contest, entrants waive all right to, and hold the Promotion Parties and Twitter harmless from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys' fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this Contest or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Promotion Parties and Twitter will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect entries; an entrant's failure to receive prize notices due to entrant's spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for entrants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this Contest; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or announcement of the prizes.
Sponsors and Twitter are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users (e.g., hacking) or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Sponsors and Twitter are not responsible for injury or damage to the entrant’s or to any other person’s computer and/or wireless device related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of Twitter or Sponsor’s Website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website; attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices; intend to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant or any representative of Sponsor; or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Sponsor shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Contest and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. Sponsors (a) make no warranty, guaranty, or representation of any kind concerning any prize (or any portion thereof) and (b) disclaim any implied warranty. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
If, in the Administrator’s opinion, there is such an error, or there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties (including viruses and bugs) compromise the integrity of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to request that the Administrator, in its sole discretion, cancel or modify this Contest in a manner deemed appropriate by the Administrator. In the event of termination, winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received as of date of termination. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning entrant, entries will be declared made by the name on the online entry form.
8. PRIZES: The total prize value for a single prize, including shipping costs, is eleven dollars and forty-nine cents ($11.49). The total prize value for a single prize, not including shipping costs, is five dollars and fifty cents ($5.50). A single prize consists of one Ursa Major Ripley Rocket Engine Patch valued at five dollars and fifty cents ($5.50). The patch is four inches by six inches, standard twill, iron-on backing, standard thread in six (6) colors, and features an illustrated representation of the Ripley rocket engine with fire, blue line design, and blue stars.
One (1) prize will be awarded to an Entrant. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. Limit one prize per family or household. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only one (1) alternate drawing will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
9. CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM: Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this Contest and these Official Rules are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Colorado, without giving effect to any of its conflict of laws provisions thereof. Entrant further agrees that any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Contest and these Official Rules shall be brought exclusively in the applicable federal or state courts located in Colorado.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the names of all prize winners, available after Friday, March 24, 2023, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to 19750 CO RD 7, BERTHOUD, CO, 80513.