The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
The Director, Marketing and Communications will directly shape Ursa Major’s Go-to-Market strategy. An ideal candidate excels at envisioning an overall MarCom approach, engaging key stakeholders internally to collect feedback and buy-in, translating the strategy into tactical steps, and executing on the plan. The successful candidate will have experience in building and moving out on MarCom strategies from the ground floor. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter and has the right balance of vision and execution skills. This position requires someone who has a passion for translating complex engineering feats into compelling value propositions.
- Develop and implement Ursa Major’s go-to-market strategy
- Define and clearly articulate differentiated value propositions to address the needs of the growing space access and hypersonic industries
- Collaborate with the executive team to create a set of key messages for use in press releases, industry interviews, conference presentations and corporate events
- Craft impactful presentation material(s) to deliver key messages and value propositions to customers and business partners in the commercial and defense markets
- Leverage a range of communication schemes to reach our customers including web, social media, account-based marketing, trade shows, conferences etc. Use a data driven mentality to measure the impact of different campaign tactics.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with third-party consulting firms that support a range of needs to achieve Ursa Major’s Marketing and Communication goals.
- Coordinate with the Government Relations team and Business Development leads to ensure the go-to market and sales strategies are harmonized to achieve corporate objectives.
- Model, exemplify and champion Ursa Major’s corporate values of Cohesion, Conviction and Humility
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing and Communications in an engineering field
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, action-oriented environments and are able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, reprioritize quickly and meet deadlines.
- Team player with a high sense of urgency. Effectively collaborate with technical, business and management teammates.
- Excellent storytelling skills with the ability to strategically “connect the dots” to articulate customer value in simple, yet compelling ways.
- Experience influencing key decision makers with account-based marketing strategies
- Experience working in the Defense and/or Aerospace market
- 10-12 years of experience in Marketing and Communications
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is a minimum of $160,000, with a capped salary determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
No outside recruiters please.
URSA'S COVID POLICY:
As a U.S. government contractor, Ursa Major is subject to President Biden’s September 9, 2021 Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors requiring federal contractors to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19. However, recently a federal judge in Georgia issued a nationwide preliminary injunction that prohibits the government from enforcing the federal contractor vaccine mandate. The order covers all contractors and subcontractors in the United States and its territories, and will be in place until further notice. Additionally, while Ursa Major is still subject to OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard given our 100+ employees, its implementation and enforcement is currently suspended pending future developments in the litigation.
Given these updates, we are suspending the Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy until further notice. With this is mind, Ursa Major fully intends to comply immediately with changes to any COVID-19 mandates.