The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
As a Machinist, you will be part of a fast-paced, focused, and highly cohesive machining team. You will contribute to machining critical hardware and improving the impact that internal machining has on Ursa Major’s knowledge base and engine programs. Ursa Major seeks to be the best at what we do, and a drive for rapid learning and improvement is expected of the entire team. This position reports to The Advanced Manufacturing & Materials Team.
- Operate CNC equipment to machine critical, tight-tolerance aerospace components, including 3 and 5-axis mills and millturns, and CNC lathes
- Program 3 axis and lathe for development & one-off parts
- Take on cradle-to-grave machining projects to support high pace output of development hardware, reworks, and part modifications
- Assistance with all shop operations including tool & workholding procurement, equipment maintenance, etc.
- 3 years’ experience in a machining environment.
- Experience operating CNC equipment (lathe or mill)
- Demonstrated critical thinker, experience handling parts from programming through completed machined part
- Experience with multi-axis & millturn machines and programming.
- Experience in an aerospace machining environment
- Experience with modern multi-axis CAM packages.
- Knowledge of modern high-speed machining strategies and tooling.
- Experience with Titanium and high-Nickel aerospace alloys.
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA); Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D, and EAP Program; Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport, and Pet Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $70,000 - $100,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The salary range for this role is intentionally wide as we are evaluating individuals based on their unique experience and abilities to fit our needs. Most importantly, we are excited to meet you, and see if you are a great fit for our team. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No outside recruiters, please.